Posting Date: October 8, 2021
Please submit resume, cover letter and references to email@example.com
40-80 hours per month; 12 months of the year. 40 hours per month in the summer and 80 hours per month during the academic year. Responsible for monitoring Facebook groups on assigned days through the year and evening/Saturday programs during the academic year.
Additionally, this employee may be asked to assist with matters outside his or her typical job responsibilities, including those occurring outside his or her typical work schedule.
|Location:||You will be expected to travel to program locations throughout Cuyahoga and Lorain County as needed. Commute time is paid and mileage is reimbursed.|
|Reports To:||Executive Director|
|Pay Rate:||$18/hr starting wage. No benefits.|
The program assistant needs to be an empathetic, caring team player who can cooperatively work with diverse staff and program participants while maintaining a professional image for the organization.
As CFK is a small non-profit, all paid staff’s job duties can vary in scope, demand, schedule, and location. Successful employees must be adaptable and willing to assist with a variety of duties even when they fall outside their regular job duties and schedule.
A high school diploma is required and a successful candidate must have experience with working with the public. This position would report to the Executive Director.
1. On-site coordinator for Music Therapy & More held across Cuyahoga County and Lorain County.
2. On-site assistant for Speaker Events, Coffee and Chats, Consults, Workshops or other programs held across Cuyahoga County and Lorain County.
3. Assists in distributing seasonal fliers and awareness kits to schools, professional offices, and other facilities. This would take place during the day when these facilities are open. This may require explaining about the awareness kits to the schools/daycares and encouraging their participation.
4. Attends various networking events and presents information about Connecting for Kids clearly and accurately. .
5. Maintains CFK inventory, orders new materials as needed and mails items to families.
6. Connect new and existing families to resources that could be beneficial to them.
1. Assists with any CFK program or event that needs additional staffing levels.
2. Serves as a substitute for other staff members at programs including occasionally in child care room.
3. All other duties as assigned.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below, with or without reasonable accommodation:
This position’s primary work environment entails serving members of the public who may be unfamiliar with or anxious about their child’s development; they may be confused about what to do, and they may have extensive questions or concerns. As a result, they may be agitated, stressed, impolite, or unreasonable; yet CFK expects its employees to consistently provide courteous services in return. Participants in our programming may wear heavy perfumes, be eating strong-smelling food, present with inadequate hygiene, or present other environmental concerns for those with airborne allergies or other olfactory sensitivities. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to work effectively throughout these changing dynamics and demands.
Additionally, this employee will travel to and inside a vast array of school, community, and professional buildings to interact with its staff, and encounter all the conditions of each of their respective work environments.
The annual fundraisers are held in venues that serve alcoholic beverages to guests and we often serve coffee and our programs held at libraries. This employee must be willing to work while these beverages are being served to participants.
This job description in no manner states or implies that these are the only duties and responsibilities to be performed by the employee filling this position, who will be required to follow instructions and perform any duties required by the employee’s supervisor or designee.