Description of Presentation
Join Denise Attie, COTA/L, of Mercy Rehabilitation Services, as she helps families recognize whether their child has sensory issues. She will provide examples of sensory-specific behaviors and discuss ways to detect the early signs of a sensory disorder. She will also provide information about resources and therapies that can improve outcomes for your child.
Note: Many of the recommended books are available in The Westlake Porter Public Library (WPPL) Special Needs Section (Cuyahoga County/Westlake residency not required).
- "Tools for Tots," Diana A. Henry, MS, OTR/L, FAOTA, Maureen Kane-Wineland, PhD, OT/L, Susan Swindeman, OTR/L
- "Tools for Teens," Diana A. Henry, MS, OTR/L, FAOTA, Maureen Kane-Wineland, PhD, OT/L, Susan Swindeman, OTR/L
- "Tools for Students," Diana A. Henry, MS, OTR/L, FAOTA, Maureen Kane-Wineland, PhD, OT/L, Susan Swindeman, OTR/L
- "The Out of Sync Child," Carol Kranowitz
- "The Out of Sync Child has Fun," Carol Kranowitz
- "The Incredible 5-point Scale," Buron and Curtis
- "How Does Your Engine Run?" Williams and Shellenberger
- "Are you in the zone?" Timothy Kowalski
Note: The above media player is for devices with higher band width. If the above media player doesn't work, you may want to download the podcast to your computer.
Download a copy of the presentation in PDF format. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat reader, you can download the software from Adobe at no cost.