Posting Date: March 4, 2019
Please submit resume, cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Work Schedule:||40 hours per month; 12 months of the year. Responsible for monitoring Facebook posts on Saturday and Sundays throughout the year and two to three programs per month in Elyria/Lorain County.|
|Location:||Our programs take place across Northeast Ohio and you would be expected to travel to program locations as needed. The primary location would be in Elyria but additional cities could be expected..|
|Reports To:||Executive Director|
|Pay Rate:||$15/hr starting wage. No benefits.|
The Family Resource Specialist needs to be an empathetic, caring, team player who can work with diverse staff and program participants. As CFK is a small non-profit, paid staff members’ job duties can vary in scope and demand, and adaptability is key. The successful candidate must have experience with children with developmental concerns. A Bachelor’s degree is required; a social work background is preferred, but experience can offset this preference. The successful candidate must be able to work a varied schedule including daytime and evening work and weekday and Saturday and Sunday hours. This position would report to the Executive Director.
1. On-site coordinator for all Speaker Series, Music Therapy & More, Coffee & Chat, Elementary Experiences, and CFK Outings events held in Elyria/Lorain County. Additional locations as needed as a substitute or additional staff for large events.
2. Connect new and existing families to resources that could be beneficial to them.
3. Attends various networking events and presents information about Connecting for Kids clearly and accurately. At the event, takes notes of presentations or other organization activities; provides summary to staff via email and to families on Facebook chat page.
4. Assists in distributing seasonal fliers and awareness kits to schools, professional offices, and other facilities. This would take place during the day when these facilities are open. Must have sufficient ability to transport these materials (no vehicle/driver provided).
5. Responds to families who request awareness kits, including educating families about the information and mailing the kit to them. Timely enters updates to Apricot database, Google spreadsheets, and other database systems. Must have strong attention to detail and accuracy.
6. Assists with CFK resource fairs.
1. Assist with various job duties related to executing 2 – 3 successful fundraisers per year.
2. Assist with various job duties under the direction of the Program Director.
3. All other duties as assigned.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below, with or without reasonable accommodation:
This position’s primary work environment entails serving members of the public who may be unfamiliar with or anxious about their child’s development; they may be confused about what to do, and they may have extensive questions or concerns. As a result, they may be agitated, stressed, impolite, or unreasonable; yet CFK expects its employees to consistently provide courteous services in return. Participants in our programming may wear heavy perfumes, eat strong-smelling food, present with inadequate hygiene, or present other environmental concerns for those with airborne allergies or other olfactory sensitivities. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to work effectively throughout these changing dynamics and demands.
This job description in no manner states or implies that these are the only duties and responsibilities to be performed by the employee filling this position, who will be required to follow instructions and perform any duties required by the employee’s supervisor or designee.