Note: The above media player is for devices with higher band width. If the above media player doesn't work, you may want to download the podcast to your computer.
Download a copy of the presentation in PDF format. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat reader, you can download the software from Adobe at no cost
Download a copy of the handout in PDF format. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat reader, you can download the software from Adobe at no cost.
Description of Presentation
Kubik explores the reasons behind why children turn homework into a hassle, including defensive behaviors, anxiety roadblocks and the attention issues that can affect a child's ability to filter information. She then offers solutions to avoid those pitfalls.
- "All Dogs have ADHD" and "All Cats Have Asperger's," Kathy Hoopman
- "Emotional Intelligence and Social Intelligence," Daniel Goleman
- "Gender Issues and ADHD," Kathleen Nadeau & Patricia Quinn
- "Healing ADD," Daniel Amen, MD
- "Jumping Johnny, Get Back to Work: A Child's Guide to ADHD," Michael Gordon
- "Learned Optimism: How to Change Your Mind and Your Life," Martin Seligma, PhD
- "Learning to Slow Down and Pay Attention," Kathleen Nadeau
- "Living with a Brother or Sister with Special Needs," Donald Meyer & Vadasy Patricia
- "Making the Grade," Harvey Parker
- "Maybe You Know My Kid," Mary Fowler
- "More Attention, Less Deficit," Arie Tuckmand
- "My Brother Matthew," Mary Thompson
- "Otto Learns About his Medication," Matthew Galvin & Sandra Ferraro
- "Putting on the Brakes," Patricia Quinn
- "Shadow Syndromes," John Ratey, MD & Catherine Johnson PhD
- "Shelly the Hyperactive Turtle," Deborah Moss and Carol Schwartz
- "The Disorganized Mind," Nancy Ratey
- "The Power of Resilience," Robert Brooks, PhD & Sam Goldstein, PhD
- "Understanding Girls with ADHD," Kathleen Naseau, Ellen Littman, & Patricia Quinn
- "Why Gender Matters," Leonard Sax, MD, PhD
- "You Mean I'm Not Lazy, Stupid or Crazy?" Kate Kelly, Peggy Ramundo & Edward Hallowell, MD
Note: Many of the recommended books are available in The Westlake Porter Public Library (WPPL) Special Needs Section (Cuyahoga County/Westlake residency not required).
- "ADD & Loving It," Rick Green (available at WPPL)
More Podcasts on This Topic