In order to ensure that #babyoctopusproject donations are consistent quality, the following guidelines will be strictly enforced:
- Dolls must adhere to the crochet pattern or the knit pattern provided by Connecting for Kids. Improvised dolls or dolls made from other patterns will be rejected.
- Donations must be made from approved yarns and stuffed with new, 100% hypoallergenic, polyester fiber fill (see approved materials list).
- Dolls may be embroidered, but those with additional decorations (separate eyes, sewn-on buttons, bows, etc.) will be rejected.
- The base must be crocheted as a separate plug and then sewn closed. Do not decrease to close.
- There should be no holes where fill is exposed in the completed dolls.
- A standard H (5 mm) hook (blunt end) cannot be inserted into any holes in the octopus.
- Donations must be clean, free of human/pet hair and can have no odor.
- All ends (including embroidery) must be securely knotted and woven in.
- Dolls with color changes mid-tentacle will not be accepted.
- Completed dolls should measure between 2 and 2.25 inches from base to the top of the head when placed next to a straight ruler.
- Stretched tentacles should measure between 2.75 and 3 inches long.
- The base plug should measure between 1.5 and 1.75 inches, including seam.
Need more help? Check out the video below (knit video coming soon!):